Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blogging rules?

When you see the title, it doesn’t mean that blogging rocks and stuff. It’s about the rules and regulations of blogging. My guess of your first impressions is What the fuck is this? Since when blogging have rules? Well then, that was actually my first expression as well. After I kept on reading the ‘rules’, its more like a guide line than the school’s rules and regulations.

Rule No. 1: Keep it simple

Easy enough to be broken. As they said, rules are meant to be broken. If there is any Blogging Police Force, I’ve already spending my life in jail because I love writing long and complicated sentences.

R2: Always have an angle.

Basically, almost all my posts are from my point of view a.k.a. first point-of-view. Or is it the third? Anyway, it’s quite hard to type a post from another person’s point of view, unless you understand the person very much.

R3: Be neutral/objective.

I find that quite hard to be done. Just take a look in my few previous posts. Ok, the most obvious ones, the Julius Caesar ‘series’. Very non-neutral right?

R4: Do not put yourself in the story.

What! Not to put myself in the story? This is quite impossible. Even by typing this post, I’m already breaking Rule #4.

R5. Use relevant pictures, with proper captions.

I think so. I mean, The Fates are also related to the waxing, waning and the full moon. Proper captions? I don’t think so. I don’t even know what proper captions mean. Maybe I’ll check the dictionary later.

R6: Check, double-check and triple-check your facts.

Well, I did. OK, OK, I don’t deny that sometimes I do get my facts wrong. Yet, when I get my facts right, people still believe that I’m just do rubbish talking. Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. I didn’t take a gun and point at your head and say, ‘if you don’t believe me, I’ll shoot you’, right?

R7: Check, double-check and triple-check your spelling.

Lol. I allways do tat. I cheque and 2X cheque and 3X cheque me spelling. Butt they didn say any ting abt grammar, rite?

R8: End with a solid kicker.

‘Kickers’ are the last couple paragraphs in an article. So end it with this:
Have a nice hols!

Note:
You can read this article from the Star Two section of yesterday’s (18/11/09) The Star.

0 comments: